![[160:365] Spicy Lentil Tacos](http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5301/5813633480_bbb3ee8268.jpg)
I have been wanting to try out lentils for awhile, but didn't have a clue how to make them. So armed with my trusty laptop, I scoured the web for some recipes and discovered you can do lots of things with these little guys. More than just cooking them with ham or some other kind of meat, which is pretty much what I thought you had to do. ha ha!
The most enticing recipe I found was Spicy Lentil Tacos and I have to say it was pretty tasty...if you get past the fact that you aren't getting hamburger in your taco "meat." :) My poor husband was excited when he came home, smelling the taco seasoning and then gave me a look when threw him a curve ball and said it was lentils. After the initial shock, he actually ended up enjoying the meal so that was good.
The most surprising part of this recipe was the texture and consistency of the lentils as taco filling. I assumed it would be runny, but it was almost like putting real meat in the shell. Add some fixins like cheese, and some of the special chile in adobo sauce they have you make and you can't go wrong. Even the little one enjoyed this meal! I mixed some plain sour cream in with hers, added some diced tomatoes and cheese and she ate it all up...and even had seconds! Yum!
Definitely worth trying if you like lentils and are looking for a vegetarian meal to add to your menu. Enjoy!
This sounds yummy! Lentil soup is also really tasty - Jude can never get enough of that!
ReplyDelete