:: About ::

The View from Here is a collection of thoughts and documentation of my life as it is right now. I am a wife and a mother striving to serve my family well. I am a Jesus follower attempting to figure out what that looks like in my every day life, a quilter, tea drinker, book lover, and very amateur photographer. Welcome to my world. :)

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

eight :: thirty days of thanks :: freezer finds

quiche2

Can I be honest? Today has been long...lots of things that were supposed to get done, just didn't, including grocery shopping. So it's no surprise that I am thankful today for a few items I found stocked in my freezer so I could cook lunch and dinner for my family. :) I was able to whip up a ham and cheese quiche for lunch and chicken with creamed spinach for dinner just with some basics I had on hand and a few items from the freezer. yay! A blessing for a worn out mama for sure.

Quiche

Canadian Bacon, Onion and Cheese Quiche (Serves 4-6)
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
6 eggs
½ cup whipping cream
6 oz Canadian bacon, chopped
½ of small onion, chopped or diced (actually I think I only used a 1/4 of an onion)

½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (maybe a little bit more)
½ tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 8x8 inch baking pan with Pam or something similar and place the puff pastry sheet in the pan, covering the bottom and sides. Whisk together the eggs, whipping cream, salt and pepper. Fold in the Canadian bacon, onion, and cheese. Pour into the pastry crust and bake for about 30 minutes or until the eggs are fully set. Cut and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment