:: About ::

The View from Here is a collection of thoughts and documentation of my life as it is right now. I am a wife and a mother striving to serve my family well. I am a Jesus follower attempting to figure out what that looks like in my every day life, a quilter, tea drinker, book lover, and very amateur photographer. Welcome to my world. :)

Friday, November 11, 2011

eleven :: thirty days of thanks :: motherhood

Motherhood is hard, isn't it? It's definitely the hardest job I have ever had...but it's also the only one that I have ever taken remotely seriously. I don't balk at the fact that I have to get up in the morning to take care of my girl, I just get up and do it. I don't struggle with staying at home all day because lets face it, being a homebody is pretty much my nature. But it can be an isolating job, am I right?  A seemingly unrewarding job? The lack of praise for wiping butts, picking up toys, dealing with boogers and snot day after day after day can stir up resentment in our hearts to where we miss out on the joys happening all around us too.

When this happens, I like to think back to how much I wanted to become a mother and how much I truly do enjoy it. I didn't know what it would be like, but I do know that now that "she" is here, she keeps me on my toes, she inspires me to be a better person, she teaches me about the world through new, fresh eyes, and she has increased the laughter in our house 10 fold. These are the "rewards" I need to focus on. Because here is what I know...when stuff like this happens...

a day in the life

instead of cleaning up the mess with a bad attitude and a begrudging heart, I am better off to be thankful to have a mess to clean up. Motherhood is a gift of which I have been so blessed to receive...and even in the mundane and frustrating parts of my day, I will be thankful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment