:: About ::

The View from Here is a collection of thoughts and documentation of my life as it is right now. I am a wife and a mother striving to serve my family well. I am a Jesus follower attempting to figure out what that looks like in my every day life, a quilter, tea drinker, book lover, and very amateur photographer. Welcome to my world. :)

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

thirty :: thirty days of thanks :: sigh...

Welcome to day thirty...oh, wait...what happened to days fourteen through twenty-nine you ask?? Well, they were filled with sleep deprivation, sick kiddo, sick husband, semi-sick mama, Thanksgiving holiday (where I was so out of it I forgot to put sugar in the pumpkin pie!! gasp!), and a plethora of other "life" issues that seemed to all come at once. Isn't that the way it goes? I truly did think about what I was thankful for everyday -- I kind of needed it to make it through, but the whole making it to the computer to type it up just wasn't gonna happen. But you know what? I'm okay with that. Grace, right? It's okay to "fail" -- not that not blogging is failing, but you know what I mean -- not being able to follow through with something you have set out to accomplish. Life happens and life is definitely something to be thankful for!! With all its hiccups and uncontrollable circumstances, I am thankful that I am living and breathing!!

So while I did have the crazy idea to attempt to backtrack and post my thankfulness from the missed days. I am leaving it be. (Big step.) Letting go and moving on. Because truthfully, I would much rather spend my time sharing about how my little girl did her first somersault tonight...and how she is loving the color pink right now, how new words keep coming out of her mouth quicker than I can keep track and how no matter if it is a sick day or a well day, if it is a cold day or a hot day...no matter what the day, she *must* wear this crown. ha ha! (Good thing I just bought her a brand new custom one for her birthday in January!!)

capture life

I hope everyone else had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday and you were able to spend it with family and friends, and hopefully able to give some thanks for something in your life right now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment