Now, it's pretty clear to me that Miss J will not be able to exhibit all of these qualities from the heart because as the verses allude, they are gifts from God...it's the Spirit working inside us that allows all of us to produce this fruit. BUT, what I am hoping for is the opportunity with each week to present her need for a Savior. My hope is that with each Fruit we talk about, I am able to present all or part of The Gospel to her...and that a seed is planted in that little heart of hers. Because, seriously...I don't want to raise some drone of a child who just does what I say out of fear/behavior modification/consequences. I want to raise a daughter of the King who is going to change the world because of her love of Christ! Yep...so those foundations need to be built now, while her heart is pliable and open for me to help direct the course. I am praying for big things for her!! (And truth be told, it wouldn't hurt for me to be reminded of these as well! ha!)
In addition to the spiritual lessons each week, we will also be throwing in some regular preschool activities related to reading, writing, and math. It's never a bad thing to work on fine and gross motor skills...and since my girl looooooooves to get her craft on, there will be plenty of that as well!
Week 1 | Introduction
Verse Introduction | Wall Chart and Coloring/Painting Page
Lessons | Used these links for wordings or examples about good fruit/bad fruit and what each character trait means.
Known by Our Fruit -- Object Lesson
General overview of the Fruit of the Spirit (great wording for each week's lessons for individual fruit)
Song | Fruit of the Spirit by Go Fish Guys
Craft |
Paint fruit and basket. Miss J glues fruit to basket. Printables here.Coloring Pages - Printables here.
Activities |
Fruit matching game - Fruit Pictures here -- Laminate and use for game.

Letter Sounds - Letter F

Reading Readiness - What is Different? Picture Matching
Pre-Printing Skills - Practice Tracing Lines
Praise System | Fruit of the Spirit Tree
While I don't want this to be about behavior modification, learning to identify the "fruits" (aka character traits) by her behavior will be important for laying this foundation. The Fruit of the Spirit Tree will be used as a way to praise Miss J when my husband or I see her exhibiting one of these traits. For example, when she shares a toy with her sister, she can hang the Kindness fruit on the tree. When she waits her turn for something without complaining or yelling, she can hang the Patience fruit on the tree and so on and so forth. My hope is that she will be able to put together what each quality looks like in life rather than just a word on the page and it will begin to click.

No comments:
Post a Comment